Thursday, April 12, 2012

Very Nice Customer Service from Sally Beauty Supply Today

Hello!  We're getting close to the weekend, which is a good thing for most of you, but for me it will be the end of our vacation!

When I was going through my e-mails, I got yet another e-mail from Sally Beauty about their buy-two-get-one-free offer on ALL their polish.  I looked carefully, and there were no exceptions and no polishes to which the offer did not apply. It bothered me that at the first Sally store I'd gone to on vacation, they would not extend the offer to the Finger Paints Special Effects or to the clearance and sale items.  The second store I had gone to here in Savannah, Georgia had applied the offer to everything.  But, I bought much less at that store thinking that the offer did not extend to clearance merchandise, because that's what happened at the first store.

So, I called the main customer service number for Sally Beauty and explained what happened.  They assured me that the offer did include the Finger Paints Special Effects and also the clearance and sale merchandise.  The offer included everything except a line of gel polish.  So, they called the store and told them that I would be coming in and that they should give me a refund for the amount I had overpaid.

I went to the store, and the manager had left, but a very nice employee, Lisa, went to a great deal of trouble for me on very old-fashioned dial-up cash registers.  I will have to figure out if there's a way to bring her great customer service to corporate's attention.  She refunded all my purchases and ran the order again with the additional discounts, including applying my $5 off $25 coupon.  She refunded $36.63 and charged the lower $24.36 afterwards, including tax.  That was a $12 difference!  Yay!

My new, adjusted vacation haul tally is $25, and for that I have gotten 12 full size polish bottles (6 of the Finger Paints Special Effects flakie top coats, 5 China Glaze, 1 Color Club), 5 mini-bottles of Sally Girl, and a cleanup brush.  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great deal and amazing haul! I've got to go to Sally's!

    Also, I've nominated you for the Blogger Appreciation Award! See my post here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is a great deal! Are you sure you are on vacation and not shopping. lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I like to eat, cuddle with our dogs, and shop for good deals (nail polish for me, movies and games for him). We liked going to new stores while on vacation, and we brought our doggies with us. :-)

      Delete