Friday, April 6, 2012

Hunger Games Nails









This is the manicure I wore when I saw The Hunger Games on the opening weekend. I wore it to court, too. And, the nice drive-thru employee at McDonald's told me, on two different days, that the manicure was very pretty.

I love orange nail polish. But, I was not prepared for how vivid the orange of China Glaze Riveting was. I wanted to make the overall color more golden, so I added China Glaze Luxe and Lush and then a tiny bit of Essie As Gold As It Gets. This was Sally Hansen Age Correct Growth (discontinued) as a base coat, three coats of Riveting, one coat of Luxe and Lush, a little AGAIG, and a coat of Seche Vite. I must have done something wrong because the polish wouldn't cure and stayed dentable, so I broke out my Qtica Half Time Polish Drying Accelerator (quick dry drops). That seemed to have worked.

The manicure lasted over a week. A day into it, though, I added a coat of Gelous and another coat of SV. My manicures generally last a week to 11 days, but that's with me adding a coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat every morning. I did get significant shrinkage from so many layers of fast-drying top coats.

I bought these polishes online at a discount e-tailer because I got tired of waiting for the polishes to be sold by my local Sally's or online on their website. So, I bought them without seeing them, and I was very happy that I loved the colors when I actually got to see them.

I had never even heard about The Hunger Games until I started reading nail polish blogs. The CG collection posts got me interested in reading the books. I read each of the three books in 2 days, so all three in under a week. I loved them! And, I really liked the movie. Reading the books got me back into reading fiction books. I had not done that in over a decade. I hoped pouring my time and energy into reading would help me hold back from spending more time and money on my nails. I did manage to stop buying for over a week, which was quite an achievement. Anyway, after The Hunger Games, I read a five-book children's book series by the same author. Now I am reading The Maze Runner, another book I learned about on a nail polish blog.

Here are some pictures taken in my car, the day after I polished my nails, I think.  They are in both direct and indirect sunlight.


























Here are some pictures taken in my office:



With flash, taken under my desk.
With flash, taken under my desk.





Thank you for reading!




2 comments:

  1. I love it! So pretty. I loved the books and movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading The Maze Runner (book one in a trilogy). Have you heard of it? Are you reading anything now? I wonder if any other books have ever inspired a nail polish collection.

      Delete