Friday, April 6, 2012

Itty-Bitty Haul


On Wednesday I got the free Target Beauty Bag through the Target Style Facebook page by liking the page here and going on to another screen here.  I think they may still have more because they're giving out 457,000 of them or giving them out until May 26, 2012, whichever happens first.  Here is a picture of the bag & contents:

Here you can see at the bottom right the top of a lip balm, the 7th product.  In the picture below, you can see the first 6 products more clearly, but you can't see the lip balm.


Then last night I bought some Clinique products to get the free bonus gift.

At the top you can see part of my bottle of toner, then below that on the left is a lipstick that I bought (Tenderheart).  By buying those two items, I got the two pretty bags for free, the little bag inside the big bag.


Inside the bag were these five free products:  Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion,  Moisture Surge, black mascara, double-sided lip gloss with lip stick in Raspberry Glace (the lipstick) and Fireberry (the gloss), and a set of three eyeshadows (strawberry, fudge, and slate) and a blush (new clover).  Darn, I should have taken a picture of the compact open so you could see the shadows and the blush and the little brushes.

And, then I had to go to CVS to buy something to cover gray hair temporarily.  I had my gray roots colored yesterday, but they missed one spot RIGHT IN MY PART!!!  *How* does that happen?  I didn't have time to go back today, so I just picked up the product in the picture below.  I had never tried it before.  I figured the regular rule applied as with hair color where you buy a color that combined with your gray blends to the lighter color that you would like as a result.  But no.  The wax-based stuff is very dark.  I sent my husband to work this morning with the product in a bag with the receipt so that he can exchange it for a lighter shade.  Other than that, though, it worked O.K., and you can't see the little patch of gray roots.



So, I keep thinking that I can keep to spending under $100 per month on nail polish & make-up and beauty supplies, not counting staples like shampoo and regular styling products.  But, I spent $38 at Clinique for the large bottle of toner and the lipstick.  At CVS, though, I spent negative $2 because the hair cover up wand cost $5, but I had $7 in Extra Care Bucks (my husband bought some stuff, and I paid for it in part with the extra $2 in Extra Bucks).  Still, that's a net of $36 yesterday, added to the $16 at Ulta on Wednesday, and the $20 at CVS on the weekend, for a total of $72 so far this month, and we're only 6 days into the month.  At least keeping track makes me think before buying more.  I wanted to buy my first indie polishes (or try to, anyway), but now I decided to put it off a little bit to keep my spending down.

Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment