I got the Blogger Appreciation Award on this post from Miranda of the Splat (by Arfblat) blog. THANK YOU, MIRANDA! If you follow the link to her post, you can see the other blogs she gave the award to. Looking at these lists of blogs is a fun way to discover great new blogs to follow. I knew I had to follow Miranda's blog when I read her tag line below her blog title: "I like to paint my nails, play with my puppy, and be silly from time to time." She must be my long-lost twin!!!!
The Rules for the Blogger Appreciation Award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award with their blog link in your post.
- Answer the Four Questions below.
- Give the Blogger Appreciation Award to other bloggers.
- Let the blogger know you awarded them (through comments, tweets, e-mails, etc.)
- How long have you been blogging?
- What are 1-2 reasons why you started blogging?
- What types of blogs do you like to follow/read?
- What is 1 thing you would like to improve on as a blogger/on your blog?
- I have been blogging since Saturday, March 31, 2012, so, that's exactly 22 days. Yikes, it hasn't even been a month yet!
- I started blogging to share information about nail polishes so that other people might benefit from my experience. I like to read other blog posts on the nail polish I'm about to use. Sometimes I get tips that way about taking a little more care with application or not using a particular top coat with that polish, etc. I would like to be able to provide that kind of helpful information to other people who love nail polish. Another big reason is to be able to connect with other people who love nail polish and to be able to discuss nail polish with them . . . so my husband can get a little break from my nail polish obsession. ;-)
- I follow nail polish blogs, of course. I also follow a few blogs on technology for lawyers, more specifically iPhone technology as best used by lawyers. I also follow some scrapbooking blogs.
- I would like to improve my photos. I just today figured out what a fellow blogger meant when she said she uses auto-enhance on her iPhone pictures. I would like to have more time so that I could learn more about photo editing. I don't know if I ever will, though, because it's hard enough to find the time to work out of the home and in the home and also find time to blog . . . not to mention reading other bloggers' posts, which I do first every day!!
- Elfleidy's Stuff I *love* her blog. She's from Florida, too, like me. She is very active on her blog. Her pictures and her nails are SOOOO PRETTY!!! She's AMAZING with nail art. She has 40 official GFC followers.
- College Polished Kim lives in Florida, like me. And, she's a full-time law student, so she will be a lawyer, like me! And, she has a little doggie, a little Maltese! I not only love Kim's blog, but she's super-sweet, and she has been very supportive of my brand new little blog. Her blog is just so fun to read and so easy to read, and she posts great pictures. Kim has over 130 followers. She has some giveaways going on, too.
- Glitter Puke! #1, what a name for a nail polish junkie's blog! Leah is another South Florida gal, like me. I love reading her blog. You can tell she is such a good person. I have loved her recent posts to bring awareness to Autism this month. She has 80 followers. She has a giveaway going on.
- Fierce Makeup and Nails Norelis is also from Florida. She *and* her manicures are fun and upbeat, and she has lots of pretty photos on her blog! She has almost 1,000 followers, so if you're not already one of them, you might want to see what 1,000 other people love by checking out her blog.
- Lace & Lacquers Lacey writes a great blog, very informative and thorough and fun to read, with lots of frequent posts. She is *not* from Florida; she's in South Carolina. She has been very supportive of me as a new blogger, and she has been very helpful to me and given me great tips. She has almost 140 followers!
- Absolutely Cee Cee writes another great blog, with frequent posts. And, she is AMAZING with absolutely adorable nail art. She should change her blog name from Absolutely Cee to Absolutely Adorable Nail Art. ;-) She is *not* from Florida. She is from New York, but she has in-laws in Florida, and I have in-laws in New York! Maybe one day we'll get to meet! She has been another daily source of support for me with my new blog. She has almost 100 official followers through GFC! Go be her 100th follower!!!
- Denny's Digits Oh my gosh, Victoria has the prettiest nails, and she uses beautiful indie polishes, and I love her haul posts! She is *not* from Florida. She is from Wisconsin! She has almost 50 official followers through GFC.
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD:
In addition to getting the Blogger Appreciation Award from Miranda (a name I love, BTW--I would have named a daughter Miranda had I had children), I also got the Versatile Blogger Award from Victoria of Denny's Digits. THANK YOU, VICTORIA! If you go look at her Versatile Blogger Award post you could find other blogs you have been missing out on! I have already gotten the Versatile Blogger Award recently from Cee of Absolutely Cee, so I will just link to my post where you can see the rules, 7 things about me, and the 10 bloggers to whom I already gave the award.
A-Z GETTING TO KNOW ME:
Miranda did this cool A-Z post here on her Splat (by Arfblat) blog, and Cee saw it and did a similar post here on her Absolutely Cee blog, and I thought it would be fun to do. By now probably a lot more of my fellow bloggers have done a similar post, but I'm behind on reading blog posts. I get about 60 to 100 blog posts per day on the blogs I follow, and I read every single one of the posts. I have 179 posts still unread right now, though. I also have comments on my own blog posts that I want to answer, too! But, for now, here is my A-Z:
A is for Age: 42
B is for Breakfast today: Bagel sandwich with scrambled eggs and bacon and cheese with a side of home potatoes.
C is for current Craving: Strawberry twizzlers. I often crave what I *don't* have in the house.
D is for Dinner tonight: Pizza with sausage and onions and extra cheese.
E is for favorite type of Exercise: Walking with or playing with our dogs.
F is for irrational Fear: I have many of those, but I guess fear of insects is the most irrational as I am a bazillion times their size and could squash them , . . if I was not irrationally afraid of them.
G is for Goals that you have for yourself: to lose weight and get back to exercising with Wii programs for the Wii Balance Board.
H is for Hometown: Miami, Florida.
I is for something Important: My husband and our doggies.
J is for current favorite Jam: Hmmm. I had to think there for a while. Tom Jones, "If I Only Knew." If anybody else reading this has heard that song, please let me know. Heck, if anyone reading this blog knows who Tom Jones is, let me know. ;-)
K is for Kids: I have two furbabies. They are Chinese crested hairless dogs. (We have allergies).
L is for ???: I don't see L in the other two A-Z posts I've read, but for me it's for Lacquer-Loving Lawyer, the name of my blog!
M is for most recent way you spent Money: Me, personally, on nail polish this morning at Walgreens.
N is for something you need: TO WIN THE LOTTERY so my husband and I can retire!
O is for Occupation: Lawyer, but you knew that already. ;-)
P is for Pet Peeve: Injustice. I just am deeply bothered by injustice.
Q is for Quote: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato?
R is for Random fact about you: Spanish was my first language. I learned English around the 4th grade.
S is for the most random place(s) you have ever Slept: I get up in the middle of the night a lot and go sleep on the couch . . . under an A/C vent. I get hot flashes. :-(
T is for favorite Treat: Cheesy fries with bacon and ranch dressing dip on the side.
U is for something that makes you Unique: every single trait of mine is one shared by many, but I figure the best chance of anything unique would be the particular combination of all my traits.
V is for your favorite Vegetable: I love potatoes.
W is for today's Workout: Does walking around Walgreens looking at nail polish count?
X is for X-rays you've had: chest x-rays, neck x-rays, back x-rays, maybe even pelvic, so I guess that's my entire torso!!! No x-rays of extremities, I don't think.
Y is for Yesterday's highlight: Having an avocado boba at the local Vietnamese restaurant.
Z is for your time Zone: Eastern Standard Time.
I look forward to reading other bloggers' A-Z Getting to Know Me posts!
Thank you for reading my blog!