Friday, May 4, 2012

Second Nail Mail This Week

I got more nail mail yesterday!  Yay!

I got two more polishes from SoFlaJo's Happy Hour Collection and one polish from her Year of the Dragon collection.  I paid for these polishes.  Jody of SoFlaJo gave me one of the Happy Hour Collection polishes to review, Blue Martini, and I reviewed it here.  I *loved* that polish, so I had to buy two more from the same collection.  The ones I received in the mail this time were Pink Lady and Grasshopper.  They are similar in composition to Blue Martini, so it's a jelly base, a little translucent, with diamond holo glitter, regular holo glitter, small bar holo glitter, and a beautiful shimmer in the base of the polish.  The Blue Martini polish I reviewed here is a gorgeous shade of dark blue.  The Pink Lady is, as you would expect, a pink shade.  Grasshopper is a green shade.  I believe all the glitters are holo, however with the shimmer in the base polish, they flash colors within the same family of color (or close to it) as the color of the base and shimmer.  The polish I got from her Year of the Dragon collection is called Pendragon, and it's a duochrome with holo glitter, shifting between rose gold and bronze.

All of Jody's polish is made from natural pigments and glitters with bases free of Toluene, Formaldehyde, and DiButyl Pthalate.  Mini bottles are $5 on her site, and full sized bottles are $10.  Her shipping charge is low, too, and she has promotions at times where shipping is free!

Her packaging is adorable!  You have to smile when you open everything, and not just from the joy of getting more nail polish!  In the pictures below, you can see that the order came with one bundle with the two Happy Hour Collection polishes and one bundle with the one polish from the Year of the Dragon collection.  The two little bundles came in the same well-padded and protective envelope.  I had noticed the colorful tape that Jody had used to seal the bubble wrap bag when she shipped out my Blue Martini mini bottle to review.  Now I notice that she used a dragon-themed tape to seal the bubble wrap bag with the polish from the Year of the Dragon collection.  She matches her tape with the color and theme of the particular nail polish collection!  What attention to detail!  Within each bundle, I also found appropriately-themed confetti, and with the Happy Hour Collection a wand with a hibiscus flower on it, and in the Year of the Dragon collection a cute little crown mini hair comb!











In the picture below, you can see Pendragon by itself and Pendragon over black.  It's really hard to get a good picture, though, because my camera wigs out in the face of so much holo sparkle!





It was very difficult to get the shimmer in the Happy Hour polishes to show up in the pictures of my swatches on my nail wheel, but believe me, the shimmer is there, it's very visible IRL, and it's GORGEOUS!  I would frankly buy the polishes with just the shimmer even if they didn't have all the awesome holo glitter goodness.

In the pictures below, you can see Pink Lady.  Pink Lady by itself (two coats) is on #11 on my nail wheel.  At #12 it's one coat of Pink Lady over one coat of Wet N Wild Black Creme.  At #13 it's one coat of Pink Lady over one coat of Elle Imperial Purple (which I reviewed here).  At #14 it's one coat of Pink Lady over one coat of China Glaze Ahoy.  At #15 it's one coat of Pink Lady over two coats of Spoiled Shrimp on the Barbie.  It's hard to decide how I like it best!













In the pictures below, you can see Grasshopper.  Grasshopper by itself (two coats) is on #16 on my nail wheel.  At #17 is one coat of Grasshopper over one coat of Revlon ColorStay Bonsai.  At #18 is one coat of Grasshopper over one coat of Wet N Wild Black Creme.  





Thank you for reading my blog!


7 comments:

  1. they are all really nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love looking at the bottles, too! My nail polish storage is clear drawers, and I have the little SoFlaJo polishes at the front of one of the drawers. Every time I open the closet in my bathroom (it can no longer be called a linen closet . . . maybe beauty closet), it makes me so happy to see the pretty little bottles!

      Delete
  2. I love Pendragon. All of the dragon collection polishes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!! I keep trying to limit myself because as it is I would need a few years to go through all of my nail polish once, let alone use up the bottles I own! Then there's also storage as an issue! And, last, but maybe not least, limited supply of money. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hello! I have also nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can see more details on the following blog post. http://polishandsuch.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Again, so sorry I haven't responded earlier! Darned stomach bug! Thank you so much for nominating me! I will mention it in my next post. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have been sick this week with a stomach bug. Thank you so much for nominating me! I will mention it in my next post. And, I have to go check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete