Sunday, September 16, 2012

OPI Danke-Shiny Red

OPI Danke-Shiny Red is beautiful both in the bottle and on the nail, and it has a gorgeous glow.  It is very similar to A England Perceval and also to a discount drugstore polish I have.  It may be a little warmer than Perceval.

In the pictures below, I have a base coat, two coats of Danke-Shiny Red, a coat of Seche Vite, and in some pictures an extra coat or two of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat (I add a coat almost every day so that the manicure lasts longer without chipping).

The polish was opaque at one coat, but you definitely need two coats to get the depth effect of the polish and to get to the bottle color.  The polish dried quickly.  This polish has the OPI pro-wide brush, and it's easy to use.

It has a metallic shimmer finish, and it's just a little brushstrokey.

Cleanup did take a while.  Clean up takes me a while with red polish or black polish.  Removal was easy, but I did get some staining on my nails.

I didn't have any shrinkage from either Seche Vite or the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.  I did have some tip wear.

This is from OPI's Germany collection for fall, but it's a perfect color for Christmas.

Here are some pictures:

Sunlight
iPhone camera cannot deal with the shimmer and glow


Sunlight


Sunlight


Indirect sunlight


Indoors


Indoors



Thank you for reading my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Danke Shiny Red is one of my favorites from the Germany collection, in fact I'm wearing it as a pedicure right now! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost wrote in my post that I wondered how Danke-Shiny would look in a pedi! Can you see it well from eye height even though it's so far away on the toes?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous on you! I love this one, too, and I got staining as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I would say that if you have one, you don't *need* the other, although I cannot imagine parting with either.

      Delete