Monday, September 10, 2012

Girly Bits Shift Happens

After wearing China Glaze's Stone Cold, a matte silver-infused charcoal polish, for a couple of days, I added Girly Bits Shift Happens, a multi-chromatic top coat.  I figured it's not often that I wear black nail polish, and with the base already done, a manicure with Shift Happens could not be easier.  I reviewed China Glaze Stone Cold here.

This top coat was very easy to apply.  At just one coat, it looked like fiery red sparks.  At two coats, the full multichromatic red-orange, gold, and green colors showed up.  It made me really happy to look at it . . . again and again.  It dried quickly, and the second coat didn't mess the first one up, even though for the first time, I didn't wait in between coats like I usually do with manicures.  The polish has a good brush, thin and round.  And, basically there was no cleanup needed.  It wasn't shiny enough for me, though, so I added Seche Vite.

This top coat is one of many dupes for Clarins 230 a/k/a "Unicorn Pee."  I don't have the Clarins, so I can't compare them, but I'm very, very happy with my "dupe."  I only spend crazy amounts of money on polish when there are no dupes out there, like with OPI Black Spotted.  I just paid $39 (plus $2 shipping) for that on eBay.

Here are lots and lots and lots of pictures, because I took many more than I usually do and even narrowing the choices a lot still left a lot of photos:


Indoors

Indoors

Sunlight

Sunlight
It can get really green at some angles!

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Indirect Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Indoors
It looks like it has little embers in this picture.

Indoors

Indoors, office lighting.

Indoors, flash.
Blurry, but looked neat.

Indoors, office lighting.


Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment