Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blue Nails, Part Two

Yesterday I added some flakies to my blue manicure from World Autism Awareness Day.  I used Finger Paints Motley, which has blue and green flakies in a clear base.  The flakes leave a dimpled appearance on the nail after top coat, but it's still a relatively smooth finish.

In the pictures below I have one coat of Sally Hansen's Age Correct Growth (discontinued) as a base coat, two coats of Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night, one coat of Seche Vite, all applied on Sunday, one coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat applied on Monday, two coats of Finger Paints Motley and one coat of Seche Vite applied Tuesday, and a coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat this morning.  I couldn't get the sparkliness to come through in the pictures.  The Finger Paints Motley creates the look of dimension, and it makes my nails look like stone with other little stones embedded inside.  The blue flakes in Motley flash a deep neon indigo blue, and I couldn't get that to show in the pictures either.

In my office, with flash.  You can see a little of the dimpling.

In the car in afternoon sunlight.
In the car.  Indirect sunlight.
Also in the car, in indirect sunlight.


Thank you for reading my blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment